Monday, April 12, 2010

Fun at home, the library and outside








I've really been enjoying my time with Tayva since I'm off work. Today we went to the library for tummy time then met Tim for lunch, went for a walk and played outside in the backyard. Tayva likes to go for walks in her stroller but after about 25 minutes she gets a little restless. Tummy time at the library was fun the Bettendorf library had so many more kids and a lot more her age than Davenport had. I would love to continue to take her, they do have one at night so maybe between Iowa City and Coralville libraries they'll have something for us. We need to meet some families with kids her age when we move.
She rode in a cart at the grocery store for the first time this weekend, she loved it! I took a picture with my phone to send to Tim and one of the stock boys said "first time riding in a cart?" I felt kind of like a crazy Mom but I really didn't care...didn't take anymore pictures though.
Tayva easily gets from a sitting up position to the floor, it seems like she's close to crawling but she doesn't get up on her knees at all. She loves standing up and walking while you hold her hands. She's figured out who Sammie is, when you say "where's Sammie"? she looks around on the ground and when she sees him she giggles.